Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Rainbow 
Hello Adam and all tarot friends! I wasn't sure in which spread I should introduce myself. Maybe this one? :)

My name is April Wagner, and I'm an @homemom and professional tarot reader and teacher in Durham, N. Carolina. It's been many years since Aeclectic, but I do recognize some names here. :) Maybe we made a trade there back in the aughts? Or maybe you came to a meeting of the Chicago Tarot Club once upon a time?

I was a lurker in the original collector's forum way back when, but had sold much of my collection in 2012 before I moved abroad, so I never posted. Back in the States the collection is bigger than ever, and I'm glad I get another chance to join the party. If you know me or knew me then, hello! If we're strangers or if we just forgot each other, hello!

If I may ask a question of the moderators, are there any rules about outside links in the "For Sale" section? I have been known to sell tarots on eBay, and I recently opened an Etsy shop, but my main squeeze is my own Squarespace site. Are links to these places allowed here?

The transition to motherhood and then the pandemic has really made me a more serious collector than ever, cuz what else am I gonna do? I hate FB with the burning fire of a million suns, and I'm happy to see it hasn't absorbed every online community. Thanks, Adam and crew, for keeping it going.
Hello April. Smile

I've just re-joined (from the old TCF) - so happy that Adam has created this new forum.

I've had to join under a longer username (I was goldenweb in the original, before changing to Pen). I'm wondering about the 'For Sale' section too, as well as links in the signature - we always used to be allowed them at TCF, but as you say, things may have changed.
I've added a couple of links to my signature, and others seem to have added links elsewhere too, so hopefully it's OK.
(01-12-2023, 09:00 AM)figtree Wrote: I've added a couple of links to my signature, and others seem to have added links elsewhere too, so hopefully it's OK.

Hello Pen
Good to see old TCF folks here again (no ageist inference intended) but none of us are getting any younger!
I think links are good ?
I will use your's now.
Yes, one is free to post links as long as they are relevant to tarot collecting.
I am reluctant to allow advertising of tarot readings, as I want this forum, as in its previous incarnation, to focus on the collecting and exploring of tarot imagery.
I will just delete postings which have links irrelevant to the collecting of tarot.
Hello Sumada

Getting older, Time speeding faster and faster, everything changing beyond recognition. Hopefully some tarot artists will carry on creating in spite of the amazing leaping progress of AI (which I have no heart for), but I think maybe not yours truly.