Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-published handmade tarots
Unfortunately, I didn't see it until after it was sold. (I don't spend much time on the FB tarot pages.)

I am sort of wondering what its story is. If the seller was the original owner, they'd have known what it was worth. But if they were not, how did they come to have it and not take the few minutes of research that it would have taken to have discovered its value. 

Having seen that, it got me to take out my copy and remind myself what an amazing thing it is. Someone got a screaming deal.
(01-14-2023, 06:13 AM)papoon Wrote: I haven’t been paying much attention for quite a while (although I did jump on the Leonora Carrington and the Osman Spare), but  when I do, I’m pretty stupefied by what I see. For some reason, relatively recent decks like the Slow Holler and the Collective tarots often sell for close to $1000. There’s a Slow Holler offered on FB at the moment for $1500. It may or may not sell at that price, but it's not that far off from what they have actually sold for.

On the other hand, someone on the Tarot Marketplace group recently sold a copy of Michael's Tarot second edition for $200. It was a handmade edition of 17 copies that originally sold from the artist for $1000. The same person also sold a Minotarot for $150.

What’s it all mean?

Hi Papoon,
Glad you grabbed Leonora Carrington and Austin Spare. I would have loved to get the Minotarot - every time I run the coffers dry something I've wanted for years always pops up ☹